My name is Keisuke Taketani. I do facilitation and visualisation.
Facilitation (about my visualisation work, please scroll down to bottom)
My passions are people and diversity: diversity of ideas, views and management styles. For more than 15 years, I've facilitated groups of 1300+ people from 30+ countries to bring compelling ideas together to find workable, cross-cultural solutions so individuals can reach their highest potential.
I do this by facilitating co-creative dialogues and I've worked with everyone from CEOs/senior vice presidents to vulnerable youth in small island nations. My approach is solution-focused, using appreciative inquiry to get at the heart of system thinking. Many of my techniques are based on Otto Scharmer's "Theory U," which says the quality of the results we create are a function of our awareness of the system in which we operate.
My professional vision is to bring the co-creative process to business, international organisations, and community, and to help solve emerging issues around us. I facilitate in English, Japanese and Spanish.
Having worked at global enterprises and international organizations for more than 15 years, I know how to find the balance between “out of the box” thinking and the institutional processes needed in large operations.
Companies and organisations
- American Express - Executive coaching
- JPMorgan Chase - Executive coaching
- HSBC - Executive coaching
- Unilever - Executive coaching
- ASWIG solutions – Co-creative dialogue/coaching
- Global Leadership Development Program, Cabinet office of Japan - cross-cultural understanding
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. – Learning journey
- Eastvantage – Co-creative dialogue
- Ford Motor Co. - Change management
- Fujitsu WeServe - Cross-cultural communication
- Japan International Cooperation Agency – Team building
- KLab Cyscorpions - Cross-cultural communication
- Mazda Motor Co. - Change management
- NEC Engineering - Cross-cultural communication
- Nippon Micrometal Corporation Philippines - Co-creative dialogue, cross-cultural communication
- Rikkyo University - Cross-cultural communication
- Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje (The National Service of Learning, Colombia) - Facilitative communication
- Toyo University – Diversity voyage
- UN Viet Nam – Knowledge management
- UNICEF – Change management, Team building
- UnionBank Philippines – Executive Leadership
- UNIQLO – Cross-cultural communication
- United Nations Development Programme – Community development and youth empowerment
- United Nations Volunteers – Change management
Complex and technical information isn’t easy to communicate, especially when audiences aren’t familiar with a topic. That's where I come in. I assist people in visualising issues, whether they affect public health, socioeconomic factors, leadership or organizational development and beyond. My mission is to bring creative design to organisations as a problem solving tool.
I am also trained and experienced in visual facilitation and simultaneous visual note-taking, where I graphically capture ideas and outputs of workshops and dialogues.
- Asian Development Bank
- Habitat for Humanity
- World Health Organization
- United Nations
- UN Women
- Clean Air Asia
Education and training:
- Master of Communication for Development, Malmo University
- U.lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Philippines
- Visualisation in Participatory Programmes, Germany
- Graphic Facilitation, IAF Asia, Japan
- Fellow: Summer Institute of Intercultural Communication, Oregon, US
- Media and Gender Mainstreaming, Viet Nam
- Visual Literacy, Summer Institute of Intercultural Communication, US
- Six sigma quality control, Michigan, US